Friday, February 25, 2011

The Day Before

So Rob had agreed to help me take some maternity shots of myself. The whole pregnancy I had meant to take photos of my progression every week, but I always forgot, so I really wanted some photos of my pregnant belly.

Well, Saturday morning, I woke up with Braxton Hicks. I had had BH another day about two or three weeks earlier, so I didn't really think anything of it. I knew it wasn't labor because they didn't hurt that bad. I mean, bending over to shave wasn't comfortable, but it wasn't awful either. Anyway, we had breakfast and I got dressed and we began taking the photos. I remember that Rob and I got into a fight because I didn't like the way he was framing the shots. I remember yelling at him that maybe my bad attitude had something to do with the fact that I WAS IN PAIN!! But not labor.

Well, Rob went to work and I spent the rest of the early afternoon washing up things that we had bought on Saturday, organizing the linen closet (again), organizing Holden's clothes (again) and the like. I was supposed to meet my friend Priti for a coffee late that afternoon, but I called her around two and cancelled because I was still having pains. "Are you sure you're not in labor?" she asked me. "How do you know they're Braxton Hicks?" Well, I just didn't think it was labor. Besides, I wasn't ready!!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening watching tv on the sofa. I remember that my mom was watching my nephew and anytime he would cry I swear it made the pains worse. But it was NOT labor. Rob called to check on me, and I said I was fine, still having the pains, but it was not labor. No way.

My neighbors Heather and Cassi had invited me over for dinner, so I headed over there around 6 or so. They made chips & salsa and my Jamaican black bean burgers. I, of course, ate mine slathered with mayonnaise (my most prevalent craving), but no hot sauce (my other prevalent craving) since I had been having awful heart burn for a couple of weeks. We hung out for awhile, then we walked down to hang out with some of our other neighbors Becca and Chris. It was nice out, so we sat out on their patio where they had a fire going and chatted for a few hours. Around eleven we women all decided it was time for bed and I went home.

Well, Rob got home from work not long after I did and I told that if he wanted to go grab a beer with Chris he could, because I was going to take a bath to try and relax. So we rounded off the day with Rob going to grab a beer with Chris and me heading upstairs to take a soothing bath and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment