Sunday, June 19, 2011

8 Weeks to a Better Me: Week 2



So, I know you’re all wondering how I did on my goals last week. I’m going to say I did 70-30. I took a TON of pictures. So that’s a big fat check. But, I didn’t write as much as I should have. Of course, not all of the blame for that rests on my shoulders: on two of my writing days the freaking power was off! - for more than 4 hours one time, and around 9 hours the other time. Ridiculous! I did, however, manage to write for three of the 5 days, which is more than I’ve managed lately so, ‘Go me’! On the cleaning front I think I did fairly well. I’ve been keeping up with the dishes, and the tidying and the laundry! I didn’t clean the upstairs bathrooms yet, but to be fair, that was planned for yesterday when the power went off. Weekly recap: I am a work in progress!

So, here are my goals for this week:

1. Start taking a walk in the morning: a) this will give me some much needed exercise, and b) give Lobo Fluff some much needed exercise. Also, it would probably be kind of nice, like meditation time.

2. Eat healthier! I don’t just mean eat healthier foods, because I do that pretty well already. But I need to make more of an effort to eat fewer sweets. As delicious as ice cream and brownies are for breakfast/lunch, and even though, yes, I made them myself, they’re not exactly healthy to eat as one of your main meals! In that same vein, just because the box of crackers is organic & all natural, it doesn’t mean that I should eat the whole damn box: portion control!

3. Work in the yard. Our yard is so gross right now. And it used to be so beautiful! 2 years ago Rob redid it for me for my birthday, but this year I have really let it go to seed. Not good. And I can spout off a lot of excuses: I have H now, Rob is never home, I’m terrified of bugs, it’s So Damn Hot!, etc., but really the only valid excuse is laziness. Ok, and the bugs one is a valid excuse! It’s healthy to be outside and get some vitamin D, for myself and H, and it’ll give me some exercise. Plus, Lobo Fluff would probably enjoy some company outside occasionally!

So, here’s to Week Two being more of a success than Week One. But, hey, you gotta work at being good at stuff, and working to be a better person is no exception! So here’s to another week of practice!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the yard work. My front lawn is in dire need of TLC so I feel your pain. We actually have to re-seed the whole thing in the fall so I'm ignoring it for now ;D

    ReplyDelete