Sunday, June 12, 2011

8 Weeks to a Better Me: Week 1


I cannot believe that it has been so long since I last blogged! Well, I can. I’ve been pre-tty lazy lately. But, really, I have an excuse, right? I have a 4 month old! O-kay, you’re right. There is absolutely no excuse for my laziness. Which is why I have allowed myself to be inspired by Amber over at Not Mommy - who was inspired by Sometimes Sweet - to start my own 8 Weeks to a Better Me program so that I may rid myself of this laziness once and for all! (okay, well if not rid myself of this laziness at least, you know, tone it down a teensy-tiny bit ;D) I am going to pick 3 goals for myself each week for a total of 8 weeks. And at the end of said weeks I am hypothesizing that I will then be the perfect mother, wife, friend… ah. You don’t believe me I see. Well, just you wait!

So, I have decided upon my goals for the first week:

1. Make myself write! A blog post at least twice a week, and creative writing at least five days a week for at least an hour each time. Even if I’m just writing crap. In order to get over my writing hump (okay, laziness) I need to just writewritewrite. Do writing exercises. Do brainstorming. I know this. But it’s hard. And writing shouldn’t be hard. Um, yes, lazybones. Writing is hard. It’s work. And work is… hard. Ah…

2. Be better at cleaning! And by be better I mean, actually keep up with it. And by keep up with it, I mean actually do it! And seriously, clean the shower. Because, I honestly haven’t scrubbed the shower down in about three months. Please don’t judge me. But, seriously. I need to make a chore chart and stick with it. I’m not saying that I want an immaculate house; that will never happen. But it would be nice if I vacuumed at least 3 times a week, cleaned the bathrooms once a week, and made an effort to tidy the downstairs and the kitchen every night before I go to bed. Oh, yeah. And sweep up the escaped litter-dust from the upstairs hall bath even though only the cats use it.

3. Take more pictures, and start doing Wordless Wednesday on here! And, of course, I mean taking more pictures of Holden. Because he is getting big lightning fast, and I definitely feel like I'm not clicking the shutter button enough. But also of Rob, and me, and our furry babies: Lobo, Clara, Percival & Albus. Most of you know that Clara cat secretly escaped last weekend, putting me into Armageddon mode. And when I went to pick out a photo for her poster I realized that I have barely taken any of her and my other fur-balls since Holden! And that is just not fair. I love all my babies, whether they have hair or fur! Life is too short, and too fun, and too agonizing not to document every (or, you know, every other) second!

So these are my goals for the week! Wish me luck, and stop by next week to see how I did. And so you can be jealous of my ever-improving awesomeness! Or, you know… rub my face in the fact that I totally sucked! Either way… fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love chore charts. I used to recommend (and use myself) Chore Busters to my clients - http://www.chorebuster.net/ makes things much easier to plan out :-)

    Off to read how it went for you.

    ReplyDelete