Sunday, June 26, 2011

8 Weeks to a Better Me: Week Three


So, I’m sure you’re wondering how last week went? Once again it was 70-30. I definitely ate healthier – no chips, lots of fruit and veg. I’ve actually been consuming fresh fruit like it’s going out of style! Well… I did consume a lot of pie… but it was blueberry, so it was healthy! ;-) The yard is looking loads better. The husband and I worked on it on Tuesday and Wednesday. The side yard is cut & weeded, the flower boxes are cut and weeded and have marigolds, three tomato plants, one wonder pepper and one jalapeno pepper plant! We bought some pots for herbs, but the only one we’ve bought so far is basil. The other herbs at the gardening store had seen better days. And it’s rained every day since we planted, so I haven’t had to water!

I unfortunately haven’t gone on a single walk. I always mean to, but when H wakes up at 5:30 or 6:30 I’ve been so sleepy I just pull him into bed in between husband and myself, and nurse him lying down so we can both fall back asleep for a few hours. Then, we usually wake up around 8 or 8:30 where I *intend* to take a walk, but after I nurse, change H, make myself breakfast and coffee I just can’t seem to muster up the energy to walk back upstairs to get dressed, let alone go on a walk.

So, I am going to put ‘Go on a walk in the morning’ as one of my goals again this week, and hopefully I can overcome my laziness and accomplish it! So for this week, there are only two new goals:

1. Get dressed! I think this will definitely help me accomplish going on a walk, since getting dressed is half the battle! I know it’s comfy-cozy to stay in my jammies all day, but I think it really would make me feel better - and push me to be more productive - if I got dressed for the day. I’m not saying I have to put on makeup or do my hair or anything, just putting on jeans and a t-shirt will suffice – anything except pajamas or a robe!

2. Start thinking positively instead of griping or worrying! Husband always gets onto me because I am forever ‘what-if’-ing. Or as he likes to call it: only paying attention to or worrying about the bad stuff. For example, instead of being depressed that I don’t have a car anymore and therefore can’t really go anywhere, just be happy that I have a nice house to be confined in and a neighborhood pool that is a short walk away when I can’t stand being cooped up anymore. If you think nice thoughts, then nice thoughts will come your way! Or so I’m hoping at least!

1 comment:

  1. This week has been a TOTAL fail for me....I'm jealous of your success :-)

    ReplyDelete